Monday, April 5, 2010
Ruptured Ear Drum
Last Wednesday night we woke up to Reagan crying out at midnight. Immediately we both knew that it was a different cry and that something was bothering her. Since she has been teething we didn't think anything of it and assumed that a tooth was coming in. We gave her her teething tablets and fed her a bottle hopping she would return to sleep. When Adam laid her back down she started to cry again. I got up with her and just rocked with her. Eventually she fell back asleep around 3 AM. When she woke up the next morning I noticed right away that her right ear had all kinds of drainage coming out of it. I called the doctor right away. We saw her doctor later that morning and without even looking at the inside of her ear he said that her eardrum ruptured last night...which explained all the crying. So somewhere along the line she had an ear infection and we didn't know it! No temp, no tugging at the ear, not fussy or anything!! Ten days of antibiotics and she should be good as new! I felt like the worst mother!! Poor thing!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment