Wednesday, December 9, 2009

14.5 inches of SNOW!!

They started talking about this "big storm" that was going to hit us last week on Thursday. When they forecast it that far out you often think that they are hyping it up and it isn't going to amount to anything. But I told Adam that it was time to get serious about buying a snow blower for the season. Last winter we relied on the shovel and our next door neighbor. I didn't think we could ask him to do it again this year. Adam ended up buying something last Friday and was able to put it to good use today.

For once the weather men were correct and we got slammed! We went to school on Tuesday but it was announced at 9AM that we would be letting out at 1:15. They made a good decision because by the time I got home the snow was really starting to come down and stick to the roads. They were calling for 10-15 inches and winds up to 50 mph Tuesday night through Wednesday. Spinutech closed it's doors so Adam and I had a snow day together. He worked all day but at least he was home with Reagan and I!

Here are some pictures that Adam took when he went out to clear the drive this morning.


The snow drift that was in front of our garage.


You couldn't tell if it was still snowing or if it was the wind blowing the snow around...probably both at this time.


A drift going up to our front door.


This shows you how deep the snow was in front of our garage!

Snow days are also about staying in your pj's and snuggling!

No comments:

Post a Comment