Monday, August 10, 2009

Let it rain, let it rain, let it rain!

It started raining here late Friday night and each time the skies open up it drops at least an inch of rain. This is a good thing as everything was starting to turn brown around here. On Sunday we were on our way out to Jesup to work in my classroom and both looked at each other when we heard the tornado sirens start to go off. If you know me well, you know that I am very scared of storms and get extremely anxious. I wanted to turn around and get home but Adam reminded me that if we did that we would be driving right into the storm so we kept on going and took shelter in my classroom at school. After a storm tonight we headed out and took some pictures.

This is the "river" that formed between our house and the neighbors.



I thought it would be fun to relive my younger years and put my feet in the puddle. Reagan wasn't so sure about it and started to cry when I put her feet in it.



This shows you how deep the water was...it was all the way up to my ankles.



We even got a glimpse of a rainbow. We can't wait for Reagan to see her first one and remember it along with telling her the tale that at the end of the rainbow there is a pot of gold.



Ellie even had a little fun playing in the rain puddles.

No comments:

Post a Comment