Our healthy family took a major hit this weekend...the flu bug hit us! I woke up in the middle of the night Wednesday to Reagan coughing. After a quick look at the monitor I saw that she laid back down and went to sleep so I didn't think anything of it. Thursday was a snow day for me so I let her sleep in. When she woke up I could smell the vomit on her. A closer look in her crib and there was a mess! She didn't have much of an appetite and was a little extra cuddly which I enjoyed. Later that morning I got a phone call from Adam. He said that his stomach was pretty upset and that he was going to come home early. He had a conference call at 1:30 and then would be home. It wasn't but 30 minutes later and he called to say he was coming home. He spent the rest of the afternoon in bed. Reagan seemed to be feeling better, hadn't got sick since the middle of the night so I thought maybe she was on the uphill slope when she decided to puke all over me. A mommy first. I decided that night that I better call for a sub. She wouldn't be able to go to daycare and if Adam wasn't feeling any better someone would need to watch her. Thursday night I woke up to some stomach cramps and Friday morning I knew I was in for it. Unfortunately Adam was forced to get better because it hit me with full force. By Friday afternoon I could feel my body starting to shut down. This is when I told Adam that we better start thinking about taking me in. By the time we got to the ER it was 4:30. I was so dehydrated that they couldn't get an IV in me. They poked me at least five times before finally getting a vein that wouldn't collapse. They said that if I hadn't come in on my own I would have been taken in by ambulance because I would have passed out in a few hours. Five bags of fluid and six hours later they decided to admit me. I called Adam who was out in the car with Reagan sleeping and told him to go home (this is when you wish you had family in town). I received several more bags of fluid and was discharged Saturday around 3. I was happy to be home but was very weak and believe it or not tired.
We tried to lay low today and relax. None of us have much of an appetite but are happy the nightmare of a weekend is over.
Oh man, I'm glad you went to the ER in time! That sounds awful, I'm glad you are all feeling better.
ReplyDelete