Monday, November 23, 2009

Happy

After church on Sunday's we usually do our weekly grocery run. Yesterday we were walking through the grocery store and I was holding Reagan. She loves to be out in public looking around at all the new sights and people. When we were walking down an aisle an elderly couple walked by us. She looked at them and gave the man a great big smile. As he passed by he said one word, happy. I couldn't believe my ears but quickly gave a reply and said she is. I would have loved to stop and tell him what that single word means to me and how much Reagan and my family means to me but before I knew it we both were going our separate ways.

My late grandfather gave me the nickname happy many years ago. I never really asked him why he gave me this name but was always proud to wear it. To this day my Grandma Bricker and several family members still call me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment